Sinkhole closes The Rocks Road in East Malling
Tuesday 7th March 2017
A busy road in East Malling will be shut until the weekend after a sinkhole opened up.
The Rocks Road, which leads to East Malling station, will be closed by The Old Coach House.
The sinkhole opened at the weekend and covers the width of the country lane.
Kent County Council is on site to fill in the hole. There is no alternative route for motorists.
The sinkhole was highlighted by the Twitter account of East Malling Matters, run by Michelle Tatton, a Liberal Democrat parish councillor at East Malling.
* Sinkhole photo by East Malling Councillor Daniel Markham.
- SOUTH EAST WATER: Anger over noisy night work in village near Maidstone
- SOUTHERN WATER: Sewage company 'blames householders' for sewage discharges
- HEATHER HOUSE: Bowls club can no longer play due to community centre closure
- NEW: Knotweed data shows 'map' of infestations in Maidstone
- LATEST: 'Anti-terrorism' gates installed in Maidstone
- COURT: Maidstone man Mark Bond killed deer and caused harm to his dog
- 999 CRASH: Main road blocked in Maidstone - delays
- CUSTODY: Three arrested after stolen car police chase near Maidstone