Snodland boxer George Hennon helps cancer fighter Rebecca Watts
Monday 9th May 2016
Snodland welterweight George Hennon handed over £340 to Larkfield friend and fellow ‘fighter’ Rebecca Watts following his latest boxing victory.
George (21), who continued his unbeaten run at York Hall in London, pledged a quarter of his match prize to the 41-year-old mum of two, who plans to take her children Alfie and Mason to Euro Disney.
Rebecca, who is a huge fan and often travels to see George fight, has been described by the boxer as an inspiration in the way she has bravely fought her own battle against cancer.
“It’s like nothing fazes her,” he said.
Full story in Downs Mail
- GUILTY: Violent bully David Brown faces jail for assault and coercive control
- JAILED: Trucker Jeremy Didesse, 44, chatted on phone before M20 multiple pile-up
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, closures and diversions next week
- EXCLUSIVE: Archbishop's Palace could be turned into posh boutique hotel
- M20 DELAYS: Crash causes problems this rush hour
- CHARGED: Anthony Bashford, 46, 'stole' bank card to buy cigarettes and alcohol
- DAVID BROWN: My accuser is a 'raging coke head' - attack trial told
- FLY-TIPPING: We must start to police this scourge - campaigner Simon Webb