Snodland boxer George Hennon helps cancer fighter Rebecca Watts
Monday 9th May 2016
Snodland welterweight George Hennon handed over £340 to Larkfield friend and fellow ‘fighter’ Rebecca Watts following his latest boxing victory.
George (21), who continued his unbeaten run at York Hall in London, pledged a quarter of his match prize to the 41-year-old mum of two, who plans to take her children Alfie and Mason to Euro Disney.
Rebecca, who is a huge fan and often travels to see George fight, has been described by the boxer as an inspiration in the way she has bravely fought her own battle against cancer.
“It’s like nothing fazes her,” he said.
Full story in Downs Mail
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- CHAOS: Back roads jammed with traffic as South East Water works continue
- BREAKING: Sink hole appears near housing estate in Maidstone - exclusive
- M20: More disruption expected coastbound next week - full details
- LATEST: Multi-storey car park planned at Maidstone campus
- STEVE COLEY: Club pays tribute to 'a natural cricketer'
- DOWNSWOOD: 'Take your litter home', visitors told
- TRIBUTE: Crash victim Jay, 33, 'idolised by his sons'