Speak out on industrial estate plan
Wednesday 23rd October 2013
TIME is running out for residents to have their say on plans for another proposed industrial estate off the A20 at Hollingbourne.
Thurnham Parish Council has outlined its objections to the plan, which it believes poses as much of a threat to the area as KIG.
The proposal for the 56,000 sq m light industrial estate, with warehousing, a crèche and café, is for farmland to the south of the A20 near junction 8 – next to the A20/M20 roundabout between the Great Danes Hotel and Old Mill Road.
Thurnham Parish Council vice chairman Richard Smith has been joined by county councillor Jenny Whittle in flatly opposing the plan, which they believe would lead to unbridled development in the area and flies in the face of the planning inspector’s ruling on KIG .
The plans (ref: MA/13/1549) can be viewed and comments made at the borough council website at www.maidstone.gov.uk or write to Maidstone Borough Council, Planning, the Gateway, King Street, Maidstone, ME15 6JQ.
The deadline for comments is 28 October.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone