Stones denied giant killing in FA Cup thriller
Monday 7th November 2016
Maidstone United were denied safe passage into the second round of the Emirates FA Cup yesterday with a last-kick goal for League One Rochdale.
Callum Camps' equaliser stunned the Gallagher Stadium but the Stones remain inthe hat with replay against the Greater Manchester club.
Maidstone, some 57 places below their opponents, went ahead with a Bobby-Joe Taylor's first-half penalty after Niall Canavan fouled Jamar Loza.
But it was Camps' deflected, 20-yard free-kick prevented the Stones from securing a giant killing result.
The attendance for the match was 2,227 and the relays are due to be played a week tormorrow.
Rochdale brought 172 supporters to the gallagher Stadium.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone