Stones swoop to bring in Hull City striker
Tuesday 20th March 2018
MAIDSTONE United have added to their squad with the capture of Hull City striker Greg Luer.
The Stones, who have won their last two matches to end a disappointing run of form, have swooped to bring in the 23-year-old on loan until the end of the season.
Boss Jay Saunders has until Thursday to add to his squad for the rest of the season, and was delighted to bring in Luer.
"He's someone I've known about for a long time," Saunders told Maidstone United's official website. "It's good to have him and we're looking forward to working with him.
"I think he can score goals and I think it'll be good for all parties."
Luer made his name at Burgess Hill Town and has scored twice in nine senior appearances for the Tigers.
But he has only made two appearances this season, and none since December.
He has also had loan spells at Port Vale, Scunthorpe and Stevenage.
Meanwhile, the date for the Kent Senior Cup final, where Stones will take on Folkestone Invicta has been announced.
The two sides will meet at the Gallagher Stadium on Tuesday April 24 at 7.45pm.
It will be the second cup final at the Stones' home ground in the month - the Kent Senior Trophy final between Whitstable Town and Sheppey United will take place on Sunday April 8 at 2pm.
- 20/04/2018 - Borough council blocked relief road cash, claims Tory
- 20/04/2018 - London Marathon mum runs for hospital which saved daughter's life
- 20/04/2018 - Fury as Kent Police fail to enforce articulated lorry ban through villages
- 20/04/2018 - Maidstone man aims for Darth Vader marathon record
- 20/04/2018 - Maidstone festival follows Bestival lead
- 20/04/2018 - Maidstone man arrested after five arson attacks
- 20/04/2018 - Lorry crash on M20
- 19/04/2018 - Council sends warning to Maidstone fly-tippers