Tuesday 10th May 2016
CHILDREN from Maidstone have been set the challenge to grow the “fattest sunflower face” for Barnardo’s this month.
Peter Burks, from Potter and Rest, which has set the May challenge, explains that the seeds being used have especially large flower heads.
He said: “We know that many schools have gardening clubs and we would love it if they could get involved too. As well as entering our competition they could have their own in-house one too.”
The competition will raise money for Barnado’s by asking schools and parents for a £1 donation when they order their seeds.
Order your packet for £1 from http://goo.gl/yx0YvD, and download an entry form at https://goo.gl/sSWHE5.
In September, children will be asked to measure their sunflower ‘face’ and take a photo of it, with the chance of becoming regional, or national winner, and receiving a certificate and garden voucher.
All email entries must be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org by midnight on September 30.
- M20 CRASH: Lane blocked following collision in Maidstone
- CRASH: Collision on main road sparks delays in Maidstone
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic lights on busy road in Maidstone
- Brothers to represent GB in European skating championships
- POLL: Does the borough council keep the roads clean and free of flytipping?
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic lights on main road for over 3 weeks near Maidstone
- WARNING: Major travel delays due to 'signalling problem' in Maidstone
- TRAFFIC: Lane closures in Maidstone town centre - expect more delays