Tuesday 10th May 2016
CHILDREN from Maidstone have been set the challenge to grow the “fattest sunflower face” for Barnardo’s this month.
Peter Burks, from Potter and Rest, which has set the May challenge, explains that the seeds being used have especially large flower heads.
He said: “We know that many schools have gardening clubs and we would love it if they could get involved too. As well as entering our competition they could have their own in-house one too.”
The competition will raise money for Barnado’s by asking schools and parents for a £1 donation when they order their seeds.
Order your packet for £1 from http://goo.gl/yx0YvD, and download an entry form at https://goo.gl/sSWHE5.
In September, children will be asked to measure their sunflower ‘face’ and take a photo of it, with the chance of becoming regional, or national winner, and receiving a certificate and garden voucher.
All email entries must be submitted to email@example.com by midnight on September 30.
- CHARGED: Suspected Maidstone shoplifter Liam Chapman, 33, to appear in court
- BURGLARY: Limited edition cartoon figurine stolen near Maidstone - can you help?
- LATEST: Police launch investigation following 'child-snatching' incident
- PANTO REVIEW: Mother Goose at the Marlowe Theatre
- M20 ROADWORKS: more disruption in the next seven days
- ELECTION: Boris Johnson and Jeremy Corbyn in Maidstone today - details
- 'CHILD SNATCH': Police say no reports of alleged abduction in Maidstone
- BLAZE: Person injured in tumble dryer fire in Maidstone