Support Maidstone's parks
Monday 22nd September 2014
RESIDENTS are being asked to get behind Maidstone’s parks as the voting opens for the national People’s Choice Awards.
Mote Park stormed into the top three last year, and Maidstone council is hoping for residents’ support to do even better this year.
Four Maidstone parks were awarded Green Flags this year – Mote Park, Cobtree Manor Park, Whatman Park and Clare Park – and they are all in with a chance of receiving the annual People’s Choice Award. The parks, which are managed by Maidstone Borough Council, were awarded Green Flags in recognition of their exceptionally high standards, excellent facilities and strong community involvement.
Leader of Maidstone Council, Cllr Annabelle Blackmore, said: “We were over the moon when Mote Park was named Britain’s third favourite park last year, so it would be wonderful to do even better this year! Maidstone’s parks are great places for all to enjoy, and I urge residents to cast their votes and let everyone know how proud we are to have them in our borough.”
To vote, visit www.greenflagaward.org . The vote will close at midday on September 30 and the winner announced on October 16.
- MURDER: MPs pay tribute to Sir David Amess following stabbing
- COVID: Wedding bookings expected to return to 'normal levels' next month
- WILDLIFE: Daddy long legs in 'harmless' invasion
- MAIDSTONE: Brothers keep sporting ambition in the family
- SURVEY: Speeding is 'routine' in Bearsted
- LATEST: Biffa 'sorry' for noisy pre-dawn collections across Maidstone
- WEST MALLING: Unsafe lime trees to be felled at church
- LATEST: Mosque 'will be place for whole community'