TRAFFIC ALERT: Drivers warned of ice and fog across the Maidstone area
Tuesday 3rd December 2019
MOTORISTS in Maidstone are warned to drive with care as forecasters predict another cold night, coupled with foggy driving conditions.
Gritters will again be out working to salt all main routes by 9pm, when the fog is expected to descend and temperatures to fall to two degrees.
The Met Office says tomorrow (Wednesday) will start very misty, and remain cloudy for much of the day. Temperatures will not rise above six degrees and will fall to three overnight.
Looking ahead, temperatures are expected to rise. Thursday will remain cloudy, with temperatures lifting to nine degrees, and no frost overnight. While Friday will be warmer still, with cloudy conditions and a chance of a little sunshine and possibly rain during the day.
Expect the weekend to be overcast, with a better chance of at least some sunshine on Saturday. On Sunday, the wind will pick up, with the chance of some rain. Temperatures over the weekend will stay at around nine or 10 degrees, with no further frosts forecasted.
- BLAZE: Person injured in tumble dryer fire in Maidstone
- VOTE NOW: Should Lib Dem council suspend house-building programme?
- SURVEY: Find out how your MP rates in a new study
- LATEST: Busy road to shut for 10 nights in Maidstone
- CHARGED: Two men remain in custody over multiple car key burglaries in Maidstone
- M20: Police stop traffic to conduct migrant search in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Maidstone Crown Court evacuated after fire
- WARNING: Service road to shut in Maidstone