TRAFFIC CHAOS: M20 disruption will affect Maidstone for at least THREE WEEKS
Thursday 7th April 2022
THE M20 traffic chaos caused by issues at the Port of Dover will last until Easter and beyond.
Operation Brock is in place btween J8 at Maidstone and J11 at Hythe.
Freight is struggling to get through to France because all of the P&O ships are still out of commission.
All other non-HGV traffic is being sent down the A2/M2.
The loss of the M20 corridor is also sending huge volumes of traffic onto the A20 from Maidstone to Ashford, affecting Maidstone, Harrietsham and Lenham along the way.
With other road closures, roadworks and other worls throughout the sout and east of the county, locals will have to put up with disruption for threeks weeks or more to come.
There have been reports of lorries ending up on country roads as they try to by-pass the Op Brock rules to get to the coast.
- Message from Downs Mail President Dennis Fowle
- STATEMENT: Downs Mail goes into liquidation
- 999: Langley burglary suspect detained by police
- WARNING: Wear a seatbelt of face a fine of £500 - claim police
- Wine and beer tasting for Hospices of Hope charity
- Wendy's burger joint is coming to Maidstone - details
- Tonbridge and Malling residents get best value for council tax in Kent - survey
- Free Heart of Kent Hospice Treasure Trail next month - details