TRAFFIC CHAOS: Trucker stuck breaking the law in a road closure
Tuesday 27th July 2021
A VILLAGE near Leeds was brought to a standstill for a second time today when an illegally driven HGV was forced to perform a dangerous U-turn into a tiny country lane.
Transport bosses at Prologic apologised for the driver's error this afternoon.
The trucker had not only broken the 17T weight restriction but disobeyed the 'road closed' signs for a closure half a mile on.
Felixstowe-based Prologic spokesman confirmed the driver was in Kent to pick up a load.
He added: "He shouldn't have been there full stop with the weight restriction."
An eye-witness said: "He had to turn his enormous truck round by reversing into Burberry Lane. Traffic was borought to standstill.
"Police do not enforce the weight restriction. This happens all the time."
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone