TRAFFIC: Leeds village SHUT for burst water pipe work by South East Water
Tuesday 12th January 2021
MOTORISTS are facing problems using the B2163 this morning after utility company South East Water carried out overnight works to another broken water main.
The road was closed last night after days of streaming water through Upper Street, Leeds.
Workmen started to dig a hole and work continued into the night but had not completed it by this morning.
Residents claim the "road closed" signs were moved to gain access in the single lane alongside the unfinished works, sometimes mounting kebs and entering driveways.
Villagers also complained of the workers shouting and singing loudly outside their properties.
- LATEST: Confusing parking and fines 'driving trade away' from village
- HOUSING CRISIS: Indy councillors call for Local Plan review extension
- URGENT APPEAL: Two miniature dachshunds stolen in East Farleigh burglary
- XMAS: Tony Hudgell to sing carols with the Duchess of Cambridge tomorrow
- BREAKING: Crash blocks main road in Maidstone - details
- CLOSING: NatWest to shut next year in West Malling
- OPEN: Tesco shop and petrol station is back in business
- GAS WORKS: Temporary lights on main road in Aylesford