TRAFFIC: Leeds village SHUT for burst water pipe work by South East Water
Tuesday 12th January 2021
MOTORISTS are facing problems using the B2163 this morning after utility company South East Water carried out overnight works to another broken water main.
The road was closed last night after days of streaming water through Upper Street, Leeds.
Workmen started to dig a hole and work continued into the night but had not completed it by this morning.
Residents claim the "road closed" signs were moved to gain access in the single lane alongside the unfinished works, sometimes mounting kebs and entering driveways.
Villagers also complained of the workers shouting and singing loudly outside their properties.
- ROAD CLOSURE: Six day closure for another burst water main
- 999: Police arrest suspected drug dealer in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: MP lashes out at 'smart motorways' after deaths
- FOUND: Police find missing 34-year-old Maidstone man - details
- WARNING: Busy road shuts for EIGHT DAYS for pipe repair works
- URGENT APPEAL: Police search for missing Maidstone man
- WARNING: Power outage affecting homes and traffic lights near Maidstone
- LEEDS DIVERSION: Busy road to shut for pothole blitz