TRAFFIC UPDATE: M20 at standstill after 'serious incident'
Thursday 10th January 2019
TRAFFIC on the M20 has come to a standstill after a "serious incident" between a van and a lorry.
Police stopped vehicles heading coastbound between junctions 11 and 11a where witnesses claim they have seen as many as 16 emergency vehicles heading to the scene.
A Kent Fire & Rescue Service statement said: "Emergency services are at the scene of a crash between a van and an HGV on the M20 on coast bound carriageway between junctions 11 and 11a. The road is currently closed."
Highways England advised: "f you're a motorist who is 'trapped' within the closure of the #M20 coastbound, J11 - J12, we've deployed extra Traffic Officers so that we can begin to release you, starting with the back of the queue. The nearer you are to the front of the incident, the longer it'll take..."
- WARNING: 21 day temporary speed limit near Maidstone
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights in Maidstone
- LATEST: Jeffery Mills, 54, appears in court accused of Shepway murder
- HGV CRASH: Roundabout collision causing long delays in Maidstone
- CLOSED: Hollingbourne Hill to close for drainage works
- CLOSED: Road closure near Maidstone for carriageway works
- SHEPWAY MURDER: Jeffery Mills, 54, charged - full details
- Maidstone rail users fall victim to disruption on the lines over Easter