TRAFFIC UPDATE: M20 at standstill after 'serious incident'
Thursday 10th January 2019
TRAFFIC on the M20 has come to a standstill after a "serious incident" between a van and a lorry.
Police stopped vehicles heading coastbound between junctions 11 and 11a where witnesses claim they have seen as many as 16 emergency vehicles heading to the scene.
A Kent Fire & Rescue Service statement said: "Emergency services are at the scene of a crash between a van and an HGV on the M20 on coast bound carriageway between junctions 11 and 11a. The road is currently closed."
Highways England advised: "f you're a motorist who is 'trapped' within the closure of the #M20 coastbound, J11 - J12, we've deployed extra Traffic Officers so that we can begin to release you, starting with the back of the queue. The nearer you are to the front of the incident, the longer it'll take..."
- CRASH: Collision causing long delays on main road in Maidstone
- WEATHER: Met Office announce heatwave warning for Kent
- EVENT: Tyson Fury is coming to Maidstone
- LATEST: Road to shut for six weeks in Maidstone
- WARNING: Footway closure near Maidstone
- WARNING: Road shuts for pothole repair works near Maidstone
- WARNING: Six day road closure to repair electricity fault near Maidstone
- DONATION: Charity benefits as planning campaign continues in Marden