TRAFFIC UPDATE: M20 at standstill after 'serious incident'
Thursday 10th January 2019
TRAFFIC on the M20 has come to a standstill after a "serious incident" between a van and a lorry.
Police stopped vehicles heading coastbound between junctions 11 and 11a where witnesses claim they have seen as many as 16 emergency vehicles heading to the scene.
A Kent Fire & Rescue Service statement said: "Emergency services are at the scene of a crash between a van and an HGV on the M20 on coast bound carriageway between junctions 11 and 11a. The road is currently closed."
Highways England advised: "f you're a motorist who is 'trapped' within the closure of the #M20 coastbound, J11 - J12, we've deployed extra Traffic Officers so that we can begin to release you, starting with the back of the queue. The nearer you are to the front of the incident, the longer it'll take..."
- M20 UPDATE: Major delays as congestion builds on blocked motorway
- CRASH: Lenham collision - expect additional delays in area
- Collision on sharp bend near Maidstone
- M20 BLOCKED: Traffic at standstill after man falls from bridge
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights near Maidstone
- Kent Police issue warning after series of day time van thefts near Maidstone
- SCHOOLS PLAN: Thurnham Parish Council rejects M20 J7 scheme as 'ludicrous'
- CLOSED: Two day road closure near Maidstone