TRIBUTES: Warm words for Beth Eves and Harry Skilton who died in weekend crash
Monday 20th May 2019
Tributes have been paid to two young people who died in a car crash near Lydd at the weekend.
Ex-Invicta Grammar School student Beth Eves and former Maidstone Grammar School pupil Harry Skilton, from Barming, died after their grey Mini Cooper went into a river channel at 3.40am on May 18.
The deceased, both in their early 20s, were rescued from the car but died later in hospital.
Both the deceased were believed to have been 21.
Accoding to reports, Miss Eves was a design apprentice with Google.
According to one source, students at IGS have been left "stunned and saddened" by the news.
One pupil said: "It's awful. What a tragedy."
Ben O'Regan wrote on Facebook: "Rest in peace, my bro. Can't believe this has happened."
Cameron Ryan posted on Facebook: "Harry and Beth. I can’t describe how empty I feel knowing that when I next come to Maidstone you’re not going be there. Harry, you’re a brother, a friend and an excellent human being and you improved the life of everyone you met by being so generous and friendly.
"I hope everyone who sees this takes extra care behind the wheel going forward, because life is precious and can be taken away in the blink of an eye."
- CLOSED: Village road to shut
- WARNING: Fallen tree shuts road near Maidstone
- CCTV APPEAL: Man in his 60s targeted in distraction cash theft
- VAN CRASH: Two men arrested following 'motorcycle theft' near Maidstone
- LIB DEM CRISIS: Two more council resignations being considered
- LOCAL BOOST: Elmer Parade's £7m injection into local economy
- COVID-19 LATEST: Children aged 12 to 15 to be offered jab
- WARNING: Heavy rain to hit Maidstone tonight