TRIBUTE: Royal Mail vans drive through Maidstone in tribute to 'Postie Paul'
Thursday 25th February 2021
A PROCESSION of red Royal Mail vans filled the road as staff paid their respects to a colleague after he lost his battle with COVID-19
Paul Dunmill (56) died in hospital on January 30 from COVID after being ill with the virus for three weeks.
He had been delivering in East Farleigh for the past 20 years and was seen by most as ‘a family friend.’
A horse-drawn carriage took Mr Dunmill on a final trip of his postal rounds
A Just Giving page set up in his memory has raised more than £10,120.
Simone Perkins wrote: "The kindest man, the most honourable. Wind, rain or shine, his cheerful soul would deliver our post with always that same giving smile.
"Always time to chat, to care, to leave those parcels hidden. To play and love the pets of ours that adored him. To help fix a wheel arch back on with gaffer tape, swing on a tree branch so you could reach to saw it.
"This was Paul. The stories and anecdotes are endless. He was special. Above and beyond. Everybody’s friend. Loved by all, for miles."
PIC: JILL HOME
- CCTV APPEAL: Maidstone shop worker racially abused over face mask request
- BREAKING: Central reservation on M20 'hit by two cars' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Crash halts traffic on M20 near Maidstone
- CRIME: Police seize three catapults from 'lads' in Maidstone town centre
- INJUNCTION: Boxley farmer ordered by High Court to clear up dump site
- WITNESS APPEAL: Youth shelter and picnic table 'burnt and vandalised'
- BREAKING: Car fire 'started deliberately' in Maidstone
- WARNING: New Cut Road in Maidstone to close tomorrow night