Three arrests in drugs raid
Monday 7th April 2014
POLICE in Maidstone are continuing their purge against drugs in the county town.
Three people were arrested following a drugs raid at an address in the town’s Church Street. A 17-year-old boy from London was arrested on suspicion of possession with intent to supply a Class A substance and a 45-year-old woman from Maidstone was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in the supply of a controlled drug.
They were later released on bail until May 29.
A third person at the address was arrested on suspicion of shoplifting and later charged with the offence and an additional offence of driving without insurance.
DC Chris Waterfall, from Kent Police, said: “This enforcement was carried out by local neighbourhood officers as part of on-going action against people suspected of possessing or dealing in drugs within Maidstone. There will now be further investigation while the suspects are on bail and I would encourage anyone who suspects drug use or dealing to be taking place within their community to report it to police. We will investigate any information we receive and take action.”
- Fly tipper puts drivers' lives at risk
- RURAL CRIME WEEK: Dogs seized following badger cruelty offences in Maidstone
- EMERGENCY WORKS: Collapsed drainage gully blocks main road near Maidstone
- UPDATE: 23 people 'detained' after lorry stopped in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Border control officers stop lorry in Maidstone - updates to follow
- Debt-ridden football ground forced to play tough
- WARNING: Week Street to shut in Maidstone
- RTC: Motorcyclist injured following collision with car in Maidstone