Top hotel appoints a top chef
Thursday 4th April 2019
A LOCAL hotel has appointed a new executive chef, Gary Head.
After an extensive career in catering Mr Head joins the Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club, Bearsted, after 13 years at the Weald of Kent Golf Conference and Business Centre near Headcorn.
Born in Medway, the cook is classically French-trained, and started his career at the iconic Lloyds of London before moving on to Leeds Castle and Bluewater shopping complex.
The father of three said: “I had heard good things about Tudor Park from friends and to be honest I think I have been circling the hotel for many years subconsciously as I’ve worked at various venues close by during my career.
Mr Head, who supports Maidstone United and fishes locally in his spare time, will lead a team of a dozen chefs responsible for the hotel’s restaurant and catering.
- CLOSED: Village road to shut
- WARNING: Fallen tree shuts road near Maidstone
- CCTV APPEAL: Man in his 60s targeted in distraction cash theft
- VAN CRASH: Two men arrested following 'motorcycle theft' near Maidstone
- LIB DEM CRISIS: Two more council resignations being considered
- LOCAL BOOST: Elmer Parade's £7m injection into local economy
- COVID-19 LATEST: Children aged 12 to 15 to be offered jab
- WARNING: Heavy rain to hit Maidstone tonight