Tovil man charged over car theft and stolen number plates.
Thursday 8th November 2018
A MAN from Tovil has been charged following the recovery of a stolen car.
Officers also found a series of reported missing number plates from inside the vehicle.
On Friday November 2 2018, a Ford Focus was stopped by police on the A20 London Road, Allington. The vehicle’s owner had previously reported its theft from outside an address in Mill Lane, Chatham between October 14 and 15.
When the car was searched officers discovered a set of number plates inside. The number plates had also been reported as stolen, but from a different car which had been parked in Wharf Road, Tovil.
Maciej Chociej (24,) of Church Road, Tovil was arrested and subsequently charged with theft of a motor vehicle, theft of number plates and driving with no insurance.
He was further charged with possession of cannabis and making off without payment, after allegations of fuel bilking.
He has been bailed to appear before Maidstone Magistrates’ Court on November 28.
- LOWER THAMES CROSSING: Consultation enters its final week
- CRASH: Collision near Maidstone causing long delays in both directions
- Gritting Kent announce they will be treating all primary routes tonight
- Motorway crash causing long delays
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic signals in Maidstone
- ROAD CLOSED: Busy road near Maidstone SHUT for SIX DAYS from today
- Lorry and car collide on A229 - long delays
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: Car crashes into Teston Bridge - massive congestion and delays