Tovil man charged over car theft and stolen number plates.
Thursday 8th November 2018
A MAN from Tovil has been charged following the recovery of a stolen car.
Officers also found a series of reported missing number plates from inside the vehicle.
On Friday November 2 2018, a Ford Focus was stopped by police on the A20 London Road, Allington. The vehicle’s owner had previously reported its theft from outside an address in Mill Lane, Chatham between October 14 and 15.
When the car was searched officers discovered a set of number plates inside. The number plates had also been reported as stolen, but from a different car which had been parked in Wharf Road, Tovil.
Maciej Chociej (24,) of Church Road, Tovil was arrested and subsequently charged with theft of a motor vehicle, theft of number plates and driving with no insurance.
He was further charged with possession of cannabis and making off without payment, after allegations of fuel bilking.
He has been bailed to appear before Maidstone Magistrates’ Court on November 28.
- Landowner reveals 1,000 homes plans as council 'call for sites' deadline passes
- WARNING: Restrictions in place from next week on rural road - details
- Shaina Marston and Damian Parsonage accused of stealing meat and Easter eggs
- CRASH: Collision blocks roundabout near Maidstone - expect long delays
- Busy village road near Maidstone to shut for urgent road works
- Drunken science teacher smashed car into lamp post in Maidstone
- LIFE IN PRISON: Minimum 32 years for house blaze killer Simon Childs
- Tributes to Lib Dem activist and ex-Mayor Brian Mortimer who died this morning