Tovil man charged over car theft and stolen number plates.
Thursday 8th November 2018
A MAN from Tovil has been charged following the recovery of a stolen car.
Officers also found a series of reported missing number plates from inside the vehicle.
On Friday November 2 2018, a Ford Focus was stopped by police on the A20 London Road, Allington. The vehicle’s owner had previously reported its theft from outside an address in Mill Lane, Chatham between October 14 and 15.
When the car was searched officers discovered a set of number plates inside. The number plates had also been reported as stolen, but from a different car which had been parked in Wharf Road, Tovil.
Maciej Chociej (24,) of Church Road, Tovil was arrested and subsequently charged with theft of a motor vehicle, theft of number plates and driving with no insurance.
He was further charged with possession of cannabis and making off without payment, after allegations of fuel bilking.
He has been bailed to appear before Maidstone Magistrates’ Court on November 28.
- Excited Mayor opens children's play area near Maidstone
- Tory leader's tributes to predecessor who defected to indies
- Road closed for five days near Maidstone
- Maidstone YMCA create short film about all the work staff and parents do
- Artist's exhibition near Maidstone to help fund Parkinson's disease research
- CLOSED: Five day road closure near Maidstone for carriageway repair works
- LEEDS WI: Group celebrates 100 years in village
- M20: Broken traffic lights causing long delays