Tributes paid to biker killed in village near Maidstone
Thursday 12th October 2017
Tributes have been paid to a "generous young man" who died in a motorcycle accident in a village near Maidstone on Wednesday.
Alexander Politowicz, who was 32, died following a collision on Chequers Hill, Doddington.
A statement released by Kent Police on behalf of his family, said: "A joker and a generous young man he would do anything for anyone.
"His parents Sally and Martin describe him as devoted to his Godchildren, Charlie and Amelia and he will be missed by all that knew him.
"He worked hard as a manufacturing engineer team leader locally.
"Polly had been riding motorbikes for 12 years – he had recently returned from another European tour on his bike and was about to attend an Advanced Motorcycle course which he was greatly looking forward to."
Police have issued an appeal for witnesses to the collision, which happened just before 7.20am on Wednesday October 11 between the junctions of Church Hill and Chequers Hill. It involved a blue Audi Q5 car and black motorcycle.
Anyone who witnessed the collision is asked to contact the Serious Collision Investigation Unit on 01622 798538 quoting incident ref: 11-189.
- 20/03/2018 - Police release CCTV images over Maidstone cannabis factory
- 20/03/2018 - Stones swoop to bring in Hull City striker
- 20/03/2018 - Water plans for Aylesford Newsprint site on display
- 19/03/2018 - Warnings of delays after M20 accident
- 19/03/2018 - Roadworks cancelled due to cold weather
- 19/03/2018 - Plea for allotment owners to contact police after thefts
- 16/03/2018 - ATTEMPTED MURDER: Man stabbed at house a after four-man break-in
- 16/03/2018 - CLOSURE: Busy Maidstone road to be shut - full details