Trilby Tour 2016 tees off at Tudor Park
Friday 4th March 2016
Tudor Park Marriott Hotel & Country Club is preparing to host this year’s William Hunt Trilby Tour.
The Kent regional championships will take place on May 19, marking the start of a series of regional heats around the country. Each regional championship will be broadcast on Sky Sports, and the Trilby Tour is now officially the largest amateur golf television series in the UK and Europe.
The pre-qualifying rounds for the Kent championship take place at Tudor Park in Bearsted, near Maidstone on Saturdays April 2 and May 7, and the deadline for entries is March 20 and April 24 respectively.
This year, Tudor Park will be giving a place in the Kent regional championship to both the winner and the runner up in each of the pre-qualifying events.
Tudor Park golf director James Ibbetson said: “Golfers have described the Trilby Tour as the closest experience to a professional tournament, playing under the pressures of an international televised event. It is an amazing opportunity for amateur golfers to make their mark.”
The competition is open to any male golfer aged over 18 who holds a current CONGU competition handicap - a handicap of 18 with handicap certificate that is no more than 14 days old on the day of the chosen pre-qualifier.
The cost for each pre-qualifier is just £30 per person, inclusive of tea, coffee and bacon rolls on arrival, 18 holes of golf and prizes for the top four placing and nearest the pins. The format of the day is individual Stableford.
For more information or to book, call the Tudor Park golf shop on 01622 739412 or email email@example.com
For more information about the William Hunt Trilby Tour, visit www.trilbytour.com
2014 Trilby Tour Kent champion Nick Francis (left) is pictured with last year’s regional winner Scott Woolford.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone