Two arrested in car-jacking in Brewer Street, Maidstone, incident
Monday 19th September 2016
Police have made two arrests in connection with a car-jacking incident in Maidstone last night, according to reports.
The force's helicopter was deployed shortly after 10pm after a report of an attempted vehicle theft.
Two men were arrested.
According to a report, a police spokesman said: "Kent Police was called at 9.59pm on Sunday 18 September to a report of aggravated vehicle taking in Brewer Street, Maidstone.
"Officers attended and the police helicopter also assisted in locating the vehicle which was found abandoned in Farleigh Hill.
"Two men, aged 27 and 31, were arrested on suspicion of theft of a motor vehicle and remain in custody."
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- CUSTODY: Woman, 31, uses pram to 'steal items from various stores' in Maidstone