UPDATE: 111 health hotline number service is now improving
Monday 6th April 2020
The service provided by the local 111 health hotline number continued to improve in January, beating the national average for the second successive month. It is operated by South East Coast Ambulance Service.
The actual calls received by the service in January was 75,904, with a marked increase in the final week due to growing public concerns about Coronavirus.
A remedial action plan was put in place after months of below-plan performance. But in January the percentage of calls answered in 60 seconds rose to 86.29%, the first above 81% since April 2019.
Operational and clinical recruitment continues, including specialist clinicians.
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN YOUR AREA
- Fury grows on planning 421 houses in Otham - plea for Government call-in
- 999: Firefighters tackle 'accidental' outhouse fire in East Farleigh
- JOHN EMERY: The 'D-Day Dodger' turns 100
- CLOSURES: Various roads to shut in Maidstone next month
- Is Golding Homes hiding behind coronavirus on various health and safety issues?
- Hospitals use donated iPads to help Covid-19 patients speak to their families
- CORONAVIRUS: Lockdown sparks huge rise in Maidstone's rat population