UPDATE: Canoeist 'in serious condition' after falling into water in Maidstone
Tuesday 13th April 2021
A CANOEIST has been airlifted to hospital after falling into the river near Whatman Park.
Paramedics were called shortly after 8am this morning to reports of a person in need of medical attention in Mill Meadow Yard.
The person was treated before being taken to Kings College Hospital in serious condition.
An ambulance spokesman said: "I can confirm we have attended an incident Mill Meadow Yard, St Peter’s Street, Maidstone. The air ambulance landed nearby to join us at the scene.
"We were called shortly after 8am to reports of a person in need of medical attention. Ambulance crews attended and were joined at the scene by the air ambulance service.
"The person was treated before being airlifted to Kings College Hospital in a serious condition.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone