UPDATE: Canoeist 'in serious condition' after falling into water in Maidstone
Tuesday 13th April 2021
A CANOEIST has been airlifted to hospital after falling into the river near Whatman Park.
Paramedics were called shortly after 8am this morning to reports of a person in need of medical attention in Mill Meadow Yard.
The person was treated before being taken to Kings College Hospital in serious condition.
An ambulance spokesman said: "I can confirm we have attended an incident Mill Meadow Yard, St Peter’s Street, Maidstone. The air ambulance landed nearby to join us at the scene.
"We were called shortly after 8am to reports of a person in need of medical attention. Ambulance crews attended and were joined at the scene by the air ambulance service.
"The person was treated before being airlifted to Kings College Hospital in a serious condition.
- LATEST: Confusing parking and fines 'driving trade away' from village
- HOUSING CRISIS: Indy councillors call for Local Plan review extension
- URGENT APPEAL: Two miniature dachshunds stolen in East Farleigh burglary
- XMAS: Tony Hudgell to sing carols with the Duchess of Cambridge tomorrow
- BREAKING: Crash blocks main road in Maidstone - details
- CLOSING: NatWest to shut next year in West Malling
- OPEN: Tesco shop and petrol station is back in business
- GAS WORKS: Temporary lights on main road in Aylesford