UPDATE: 'Distressed man' taken to hospital in Maidstone
Thursday 10th October 2019
A 'distressed man' has been taken to hospital after police shut down a car park to help him in Maidstone
The incident happened in King Street, near Maidstone bus station at around 1pm today. A bus lane was shut whilst offices spoke to the man.
A Kent Police spokesman said: "Kent Police was called at around 1.05pm on Thursday, October 10 regarding reports of concerns for a distressed man in King Street, Maidstone.
"A bus lane was closed while officers spoke to the man and he was later handed into the care of health professionals and taken to hospital."
- HOUSING: Campaign petition starts against Lib Dem council's 14-floor tower block
- FINED: Jason Yardley drunkenly smashed his way out of bus in Maidstone
- Leeds land could be used for retirement complex expansion
- TRAFFIC NEWS: Broken down bus causing delays in Maidstone
- COURT SHAME: Gareth Bailey threatened to torch girlfriend's house in Maidstone
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, disruption and diversions - full details
- COURT: Carl Bailey's drunken outburst at police in Maidstone town centre
- Expert gives talk on menopause - details