UPDATE: 'Distressed man' taken to hospital in Maidstone
Thursday 10th October 2019
A 'distressed man' has been taken to hospital after police shut down a car park to help him in Maidstone
The incident happened in King Street, near Maidstone bus station at around 1pm today. A bus lane was shut whilst offices spoke to the man.
A Kent Police spokesman said: "Kent Police was called at around 1.05pm on Thursday, October 10 regarding reports of concerns for a distressed man in King Street, Maidstone.
"A bus lane was closed while officers spoke to the man and he was later handed into the care of health professionals and taken to hospital."
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN YOUR AREA
- LATEST: New date set for World Custard Pie Championships
- EXCLUSIVE: Council's secret plans for £15m taxpayer-funded new HQ
- LATEST: Water use rockets in Kent
- URGENT APPEAL: Buttercups 'must close in six weeks' due to lack of funds
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Lockdown restrictions eased
- PICTURES: Disposable barbecue sparks skip blaze in Aylesford
- WARNING: 21 day closure near Maidstone - full details