UPDATE: Mystery still surrounds chemical leak at farm near Maidstone
Thursday 7th November 2019
MYSTERY still surrounds how dozens of farm workers fell ill with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning yesterday afternoon.
Emergency services scrambled to Rumwood Green Farm after reports of people (many of them believed to be foreign labourers) falling ill.
Today as police blocked the entrance to the fruit farm, a spokesman told Daily Downs Mail that none of the four who were taken to Maidstone Hospital were badly injured.
He added: “The whole place is on lockdown. Nothing can come in or out. The truth of the matter is we don’t know what caused it yet, but everyone is fine and safe.”
- CASHLESS COUNCIL: Maidstone BC has not finalised PayPoint contract - details
- HOUSING: Historic East Farleigh must be kept special - campaigner
- POLICE APPEAL: Did you see supermarket smash and grab robbers?
- M20 ROADWORKS: Details of closures in the week ahead
- LORRY DRAMA: Polish truck narrowly avoids disaster
- STORE ROBBERY: Theives attempt smash and grab at supermarket near Maidstone
- HOUSE BLAZE: GoFundMe page set up to help family after Maidstone house fire
- Loose Road reopens after closure for house fire