UPDATE: Mystery still surrounds chemical leak at farm near Maidstone
Thursday 7th November 2019
MYSTERY still surrounds how dozens of farm workers fell ill with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning yesterday afternoon.
Emergency services scrambled to Rumwood Green Farm after reports of people (many of them believed to be foreign labourers) falling ill.
Today as police blocked the entrance to the fruit farm, a spokesman told Daily Downs Mail that none of the four who were taken to Maidstone Hospital were badly injured.
He added: “The whole place is on lockdown. Nothing can come in or out. The truth of the matter is we don’t know what caused it yet, but everyone is fine and safe.”
- CLOSED: Road to shut for three days near Maidstone
- MET OFFICE: Forecasters warn of flooding in Maidstone
- WARNING: Road shuts for five days to fix water leak near Maidstone
- TONIGHT: Gritters to tackle rural roads near Maidstone
- APPEAL: Maidstone carer 'living in fear' after £10k cash theft
- GALLERY: Remembrance Sunday pictures in Maidstone last weekend
- M20 CRASH: Lorry and car collide causing major delays near Maidstone
- LATEST: East Malling suspect charged following robbery