UPDATE: Mystery still surrounds chemical leak at farm near Maidstone
Thursday 7th November 2019
MYSTERY still surrounds how dozens of farm workers fell ill with suspected carbon monoxide poisoning yesterday afternoon.
Emergency services scrambled to Rumwood Green Farm after reports of people (many of them believed to be foreign labourers) falling ill.
Today as police blocked the entrance to the fruit farm, a spokesman told Daily Downs Mail that none of the four who were taken to Maidstone Hospital were badly injured.
He added: “The whole place is on lockdown. Nothing can come in or out. The truth of the matter is we don’t know what caused it yet, but everyone is fine and safe.”
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- UPDATE: Bearsted road closure rescheduled - details
- LATEST: Speed limit plan backed near Maidstone
- LEEDS CASTLE: Attraction faces huge losses and job cuts
- CCTV APPEAL: Purse stolen from car in Maidstone - can you help?
- APPEAL: Pensioner has wallet stolen at Aylesford supermarket
- WARNING: Two bikes stolen in Maidstone town centre in one day
- UPDATE: Two drivers rushed to hospital following major collision near Maidstone