URGENT APPEAL: Suspect image released following aggravated burglary
Wednesday 14th April 2021
A COMPUTER-generated image of a man has been issued following an aggravated burglary near Staplehurst.
A woman in her 60s was assaulted during an ordeal in Staplehurst Road, Frittenden, by a man who called at her home for water.
It is reported the victim was in her garden at around 6pm on April 4 when the suspect initially appeared at the fence.
He claimed he had been cycling and asked for a drink, but after being given a bottle of water jumped over the fence and forced the woman inside the property.
The victim was left restrained for two days before police found her. She was taken to hospital, where she is now recovering.
Detectives from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate are continuing to appeal for members of the public to contact them if they saw anyone acting suspiciously in the area.
They are also urging residents to check any CCTV or doorbell cameras for anything that may assist the investigation.
Detective Chief Inspector Neil Kimber said: "Our officers have been pursuing a number of lines of enquiry and we are now releasing a computer-generated image of a man we would like to speak to.
"At this stage, we are not connecting this incident to any other burglaries in the area. The victim suffered a traumatic ordeal and are we urging anybody who believes they know the person in the image to call our appeal line."
Anybody with information should call Kent Police on 01622 604100, quoting reference 46/56590/21.
You can also contact Kent Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111 or by using the online form.
- LATEST: Confusing parking and fines 'driving trade away' from village
- HOUSING CRISIS: Indy councillors call for Local Plan review extension
- URGENT APPEAL: Two miniature dachshunds stolen in East Farleigh burglary
- XMAS: Tony Hudgell to sing carols with the Duchess of Cambridge tomorrow
- BREAKING: Crash blocks main road in Maidstone - details
- CLOSING: NatWest to shut next year in West Malling
- OPEN: Tesco shop and petrol station is back in business
- GAS WORKS: Temporary lights on main road in Aylesford