URGENT APPEAL: Thieves steal £7,500 worth of equipment from West Malling charity
Wednesday 24th February 2021
CALLOUS thieves stole more than £7,500 worth of equipment from a farming charity in West Malling.
Spadework, based in Teston Road, was targeted by thieves at around 7.07pm last night.
The largest item taken was an electric generator (pictured).
Spadework provides opportunities for more than 116 adults with learning and other disabilities.
The charity wrote on Facebook: "Breaking into a charity is a despicable act at any time, but during a global pandemic it feels even more disgusting.
"Everyone at Spadework has tried their hardest to support the local community over the last 36 years, so to have someone deliberately and purposefully steal from us certainly does hurt.
"As ever, it is not just about the items that are stolen, it is about the mess, damage and emotional turmoil that is left behind."
A Kent Police spokesman said: "Kent Police is investigating a reported theft at a garden centre in Teston Road, West Malling.
"A generator was allegedly stolen between 5pm on Tuesday 23 February and 7.30am on Wednesday 24 February 2021.
"Officers are appealing for witnesses or anybody with information to call the appeal line on 01622 604100, quoting reference 46/30489.
"You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers, anonymously, by calling 0800 555111 or using the anonymous online form on their website."
- CCTV APPEAL: Maidstone shop worker racially abused over face mask request
- BREAKING: Central reservation on M20 'hit by two cars' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Crash halts traffic on M20 near Maidstone
- CRIME: Police seize three catapults from 'lads' in Maidstone town centre
- INJUNCTION: Boxley farmer ordered by High Court to clear up dump site
- WITNESS APPEAL: Youth shelter and picnic table 'burnt and vandalised'
- BREAKING: Car fire 'started deliberately' in Maidstone
- WARNING: New Cut Road in Maidstone to close tomorrow night