URGENT APPEAL: Woman 'punched while shopping at Tesco' in Maidstone
Friday 11th June 2021
A YOUNG woman was punched in the head in Week Street on June 7 by a stranger demanding money.
The alleged incident happened inside the Tesco Express at 2pm when the victim went into the store to buy a bottle of water.
The woman, aged 21 and from Greenhithe, was confronted in the street by a woman with dyed orange hair "wearing layers" on a hot day asking for money.
When the victim, who says she suffered concussion, said she didn't have any cash, the alleged assailant followed her into Tesco asking her to buy medication. Again she refused.
A few moments later the woman reappeared with boxes demanding the victim pay for them, which she declined to do.
It was then that she was struck on the back of the head.
She attempted to return to work that Wednesday but had to leave after an hour.
Kent Police said: "It is alleged a woman in her 20s was approached by another woman she did not know who assaulted her."
The victim says the woman was wearing cream tracksuit bottoms, a dark green crochet top and had dyed orange hair.
A Tesco spokesman said: "We are aware of an incident that took place at our Week Street, Maidstone, Express store involving two customers. We are assisting police with their enquiries."
- WITNESS APPEAL: Mass brawl at cup final in Maidstone
- APPEAL: Man 'exposed himself in front of dog walker' in woods near Maidstone
- LATEST: Man in his 30s arrested after Maidstone town centre assault
- BAILED: John Devall 'spat at nurse and verbally abused officers' in Maidstone
- M2: £92million upgrade works given the go ahead
- M20 DELAYS: Lorry tyre change blocks lane near Maidstone
- HEART OF KENT HOSPICE: Elmer sculpture vandalised on launch day
- LATEST: Thunderstorm alert changed to rain warning