Ukip leader Henry Bolton dumped over relationship with Maidstone model Jo Marney
Monday 19th February 2018
KENT-based Ukip leader Henry Bolton has lost the support of party members to stay on in the role after a high-profile scandal hit his leadership.
The Folkestone resident has only been in the post for a little over five months.
The party’s extraordinary general meeting at the weekend - attended by 1,500 activists - followed a no confidence vote in him by the party’s National Executive Committee. They backed the NEC.
Mr Bolton had been rocked by controversies over his relationship with Jo Marney, from Maidstone. She pluged his leadership into crisis after she made alleged racist Tweets abourt Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's fiance.
- 20/03/2018 - Police release CCTV images over Maidstone cannabis factory
- 20/03/2018 - Stones swoop to bring in Hull City striker
- 20/03/2018 - Water plans for Aylesford Newsprint site on display
- 19/03/2018 - Warnings of delays after M20 accident
- 19/03/2018 - Roadworks cancelled due to cold weather
- 19/03/2018 - Plea for allotment owners to contact police after thefts
- 16/03/2018 - ATTEMPTED MURDER: Man stabbed at house a after four-man break-in
- 16/03/2018 - CLOSURE: Busy Maidstone road to be shut - full details