Ukip leader Henry Bolton dumped over relationship with Maidstone model Jo Marney
Monday 19th February 2018
KENT-based Ukip leader Henry Bolton has lost the support of party members to stay on in the role after a high-profile scandal hit his leadership.
The Folkestone resident has only been in the post for a little over five months.
The party’s extraordinary general meeting at the weekend - attended by 1,500 activists - followed a no confidence vote in him by the party’s National Executive Committee. They backed the NEC.
Mr Bolton had been rocked by controversies over his relationship with Jo Marney, from Maidstone. She pluged his leadership into crisis after she made alleged racist Tweets abourt Meghan Markle, Prince Harry's fiance.
- 21/08/2018 - 27-year-old in court on charge of burglary in Yalding
- 21/08/2018 - Tribute to county council's former deputy leader
- 20/08/2018 - Diary date for walkers looking for an outing in September
- 20/08/2018 - CHARGED: Tovil man in custody after being charged with burglary
- 20/08/2018 - Maidstone company limber up for two-day charity event
- 20/08/2018 - Network Rail: Plan ahead when travelling by train over bank holiday weekend
- 20/08/2018 - Headcorn family contacted after body found in wood
- 20/08/2018 - Crews called to fire at flat in Maidstone at the weekend