VILLAGE SHUTS: details of closure for electricity work
Thursday 6th December 2018
A BUSY road in a village near Maidstone will be closed for essential works early in the new year.
It will allow UK Power Networks to connect new supplies.
KCC Highways announced: " Temporary Road Closure – Upper Street, Hollingbourne – from 13 January 2019 for up to 1 day. The road will be closed outside “New Cottages”.
"The alternative route is via Hollingbourne Hill, Swanton Street, Hearts Delight Road, Primrose Lane, Bredgar Road, Sutton Baron Road, Oad Street, A249 Sittingbourne Road, Bearsted Road, New Cut Road, A20 Ashford Road, Eyhorne Street and vice versa.
"The closure is to enable a new electric supply to be carried out by UK Power Networks."
- CRIME: Teenager held checkout staff at knife-point in Maidstone supermarket
- Pre-school forced to move out of village to Hollingbourne
- BLOCKED: 'Medical emergency' blocks busy lane in Maidstone
- Bearsted FC unveils new look home ground after £60,000 facelift
- Two more arrested in Maidstone as part of police clampdown on knife crime
- CRASH: Main road blocked following collision near Maidstone
- POLITICS: Ann Widdecombe to stand in Euro polls for Brexit Party
- Volunteer officers seize cocaine, cannabis and cash from Maidstone drug dealers