VILLAGE SHUTS: details of closure for electricity work
Thursday 6th December 2018
A BUSY road in a village near Maidstone will be closed for essential works early in the new year.
It will allow UK Power Networks to connect new supplies.
KCC Highways announced: " Temporary Road Closure – Upper Street, Hollingbourne – from 13 January 2019 for up to 1 day. The road will be closed outside “New Cottages”.
"The alternative route is via Hollingbourne Hill, Swanton Street, Hearts Delight Road, Primrose Lane, Bredgar Road, Sutton Baron Road, Oad Street, A249 Sittingbourne Road, Bearsted Road, New Cut Road, A20 Ashford Road, Eyhorne Street and vice versa.
"The closure is to enable a new electric supply to be carried out by UK Power Networks."
- GUILTY: Anita French of Coxheath in court for assaulting two police officers
- MOST WANTED: Martin Shingles, 29, wanted in connection to Maidstone robbery
- MOTORWAY DELAYS: Works causing disruption to M20 and M2 - full details
- GUILTY: Jarrad Hargreaves cheats jail for racist and violent attacks
- Police release CCTV image following Maidstone charity box theft
- Maidstone crematorium to live broadcast funerals
- FOG WARNING: Motorists in Maidstone told to take care on roads
- Excited Mayor opens children's play area near Maidstone