VILLAGE SHUTS: details of closure for electricity work
Thursday 6th December 2018
A BUSY road in a village near Maidstone will be closed for essential works early in the new year.
It will allow UK Power Networks to connect new supplies.
KCC Highways announced: " Temporary Road Closure – Upper Street, Hollingbourne – from 13 January 2019 for up to 1 day. The road will be closed outside “New Cottages”.
"The alternative route is via Hollingbourne Hill, Swanton Street, Hearts Delight Road, Primrose Lane, Bredgar Road, Sutton Baron Road, Oad Street, A249 Sittingbourne Road, Bearsted Road, New Cut Road, A20 Ashford Road, Eyhorne Street and vice versa.
"The closure is to enable a new electric supply to be carried out by UK Power Networks."
- EXCLUSIVE: Maidstone council's High Court battle over relief road cash goes on
- PANTO: Hazlitt steps in to help disappointed Snow White ticket holders
- CLOSED: Three day road closure in Aylesford
- MOST WANTED: Police search for Sara Farmer after serious assault in Maidstone
- Housing association hands out hampers for the lonely
- Hazlitt Theatre to put on extra perfomance after rival panto is cancelled
- Panto at Aylesford Friars folds amid claims of lack of support - local anger
- Burst water pipe in Maidstone causes disruption and delays