VILLAGE SHUTS: details of closure for electricity work
Thursday 6th December 2018
A BUSY road in a village near Maidstone will be closed for essential works early in the new year.
It will allow UK Power Networks to connect new supplies.
KCC Highways announced: " Temporary Road Closure – Upper Street, Hollingbourne – from 13 January 2019 for up to 1 day. The road will be closed outside “New Cottages”.
"The alternative route is via Hollingbourne Hill, Swanton Street, Hearts Delight Road, Primrose Lane, Bredgar Road, Sutton Baron Road, Oad Street, A249 Sittingbourne Road, Bearsted Road, New Cut Road, A20 Ashford Road, Eyhorne Street and vice versa.
"The closure is to enable a new electric supply to be carried out by UK Power Networks."
- COURT: Teen dodges jail after 'sniffing a white powder' at a Maidstone nightclub
- HEADCORN STABBING: Latest developments and pictures from the scene
- COURT: Sales consultant crashed company car into tree more than double the limit
- STABBING: Car wash owner knifed in head in 'wild west' village near Maidstone
- BANK HOLIDAY: Contractor announces closures, delays and disruption on M20
- MUSIC ON THE GREEN: Getting ready for the big day this weekend in Bearsted
- JAILED: Shameful past of Juliet Waghorn who stabbed her husband near Maidstone
- Abusive Juliette Waghorn jailed for knife attack on husband at Leeds home