Vacance for part-time clerk
Thursday 6th August 2015
THERE is a vacancy for a part-time clerk and responsible financial officer in Ulcombe.
The post is likely to suit someone interested in the local community and local government. The successful applicant will need good communication, administrative and numeracy skills and will be able to use computer spreadsheets, email and office software.
The position is home-based and duties include:
• arranging and attending parish council meetings and preparing agendas and minutes;
• providing information to enable the council to make decisions then implementing the decisions;
• providing legal, procedural and administrative guidance to the council;
• managing the council’s finances;
• receiving and dealing with council correspondence and documents;
• liaising with councillors, external bodies and the public;
• preparing council policies and procedures;
• circulating reports on the activities of the council.
There will be the opportunity for professional development and initial in-house support will be provided.
The appointment is for 40-50 hours per month.
For details, contact the clerk, Liz McLaren on 07921809161 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to the chairman at email@example.com.
To apply, send a CV by August 15 to Ulcombe Parish Council, c/o The Clerk at 43 Hendley Drive, Cranbrook, Kent, TN17 3DY or by email as above.
- WARNING: Road shuts for tree cutting works near Maidstone
- M20 DELAYS: Incident causing issues this morning - details
- LENHAM HEATH: Now the Labour group leader pulls out of Friday's public meeting
- TONIGHT: M20 to shut overnight near Maidstone
- M20 CHAOS: Broken down lorry sparks MORE disruption near Maidstone
- M20 TRAFFIC: Collision blocks lane near Maidstone
- BEARSTED: HGV mounts pavement near The Green
- TRAFFIC WARNING: Road shuts for SEVEN days to clear flytipping near Maidstone