Vacance for part-time clerk
Thursday 6th August 2015
THERE is a vacancy for a part-time clerk and responsible financial officer in Ulcombe.
The post is likely to suit someone interested in the local community and local government. The successful applicant will need good communication, administrative and numeracy skills and will be able to use computer spreadsheets, email and office software.
The position is home-based and duties include:
• arranging and attending parish council meetings and preparing agendas and minutes;
• providing information to enable the council to make decisions then implementing the decisions;
• providing legal, procedural and administrative guidance to the council;
• managing the council’s finances;
• receiving and dealing with council correspondence and documents;
• liaising with councillors, external bodies and the public;
• preparing council policies and procedures;
• circulating reports on the activities of the council.
There will be the opportunity for professional development and initial in-house support will be provided.
The appointment is for 40-50 hours per month.
For details, contact the clerk, Liz McLaren on 07921809161 or email email@example.com with a copy to the chairman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply, send a CV by August 15 to Ulcombe Parish Council, c/o The Clerk at 43 Hendley Drive, Cranbrook, Kent, TN17 3DY or by email as above.
- OUT NOW! Pick up the latest edition or read online
- DRUGS: Maidstone man and woman charged with crack and heroin supply
- HEATWAVE: Temperatures to hit 34C this afternoon in Maidstone
- LATEST: 495 active Covid-19 cases in Maidstone
- OVERNIGHT: Blue Bell Hill to shut - details
- UPDATE: Bearsted road closure rescheduled - details
- LATEST: Speed limit plan backed near Maidstone
- LEEDS CASTLE: Attraction faces huge losses and job cuts