Veteran cricketer, 70s, in hospital after collapsing during match at The Mote
Friday 14th July 2017
A cricketer thought to be in his 70s was rushed to hospital last night after collapsing during a match at The Mote cricket ground (July 13).
Daily Downs Mail understands the player was coming into bowl for the Kent over 60s veterans' team when he suddenly felt unwell.
Other players, including those from the Sussex veterans, rushed to his aid and we understand a defibrillator was used.
Two ambulances parked up on the pitch at around 8pm near the square and the player is still in intensive care in hospital.
The match was abandoned.
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- CUSTODY: Woman, 31, uses pram to 'steal items from various stores' in Maidstone