Village near Maidstone announces Queen's Platinum Jubilee beacon plans
Friday 13th May 2022
HARRIETSHAM Parish Council (HPC) has formally announced plans to light a Beacon for The Queen’s Platinum Jubilee on the evening of Thursday, June 2, 2022.
The Beacon is one of thousands being lit in the UK and the Commonwealth, and forms part of the official programme announced by Buckingham Palace for the Jubilee Weekend.
The lighting will happen at St John The Baptist Church, Marley Road, and will be one of over 2,022 lit by charities, communities and faith groups all over the UK.
A spokesman for HPC said: “We are proud to be part of this momentous celebration. It is only appropriate that this unique milestone in history is marked with beacons and music.
"We are honoured to be part of this special event for Her Majesty, The Queen’s 70th year as our Monarch and Head of the Commonwealth on her Platinum Jubilee.”
The event starts with a jazz band from 7.30pm before moving to the Glebe Field later.
PIC ITV Meridian
- SOUTH EAST WATER: Anger over noisy night work in village near Maidstone
- SOUTHERN WATER: Sewage company 'blames householders' for sewage discharges
- HEATHER HOUSE: Bowls club can no longer play due to community centre closure
- NEW: Knotweed data shows 'map' of infestations in Maidstone
- LATEST: 'Anti-terrorism' gates installed in Maidstone
- COURT: Maidstone man Mark Bond killed deer and caused harm to his dog
- 999 CRASH: Main road blocked in Maidstone - delays
- CUSTODY: Three arrested after stolen car police chase near Maidstone