Vinters Park: FOUR burglaries in ONE street in ONE night
Friday 23rd September 2016
Burglars have struck FOUR times in one night in Vinters Park in a single street.
Items reported stolen include tablet computers, handbags and electrical equipment. Two cars were also reported stolen and one of these has been recovered.
Kent Police have issued prevention advice after receiving reports of breakins at Crayford Close area were targeted overnight on Monday night and Tuesday morning,
At present no arrests have been made however enquiries into these reports remain ongoing.
There are a number of steps members of the public can take which can help deter burglars.
Ensuring all windows and doors are locked overnight and when you are out of the property. If you have a UPVC door, ensure it is double locked.
Keeping keys, cash and expensive items out of view;
Using timer switches on lights and radios to make your home look occupied;
Keeping gates locked and boundaries secure;
Locking away bikes, tools and garden items that could be stolen or used to break into your home;
Security-marking items including bicycles, mobile telephones and laptops;
Keeping receipts, mobile phone IMEI numbers and serial numbers safe;
Photographing and insuring expensive or unique items;
Installing a safe, bolted to the ground or a wall, or use a safety deposit box at the bank;
Register important items for free at www.immobilise.com to help us return stolen items if they are recovered.
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- CUSTODY: Woman, 31, uses pram to 'steal items from various stores' in Maidstone