Violent bully Daryl Parkin's horrific campaign of abuse towards ex partner
Tuesday 23rd February 2021
A VIOLENT thug has been jailed after stamping on his ex partner's head and throwing an ashtray at her face.
Daryl Parkin (29) of Durham Close, Maidstone, repeatedly beat his victim before fleeing the scene, leaving her injured.
The violence began after the victim asked Parkin about items which had gone missing from her home.
Parkin left the address but his vehicle broke down in Maidstone Road, Maidstone, and he left the car on the road.
While searching the area, Kent Police found victim’s driving licence and hair straighteners in a nearby bush.
He was arrested the next day in connection with the offences.
As part of the investigation, he was also charged with two further assaults. The first took place on October 26 2019, when he assaulted the same victim after attending a nightclub.
He had previously insisted on joining her and her friend, but began to kick and punch her upon returning home.
The second assault took place on December 7. While driving on the A2 in Rainham, he punched the victim in the face before he collided with a wall outside a pub. When the vehicle came to a stop he continued to assault her before he drove away.
Investigating officer PC Scott Spedding said: "Parkin carried out extremely violent assaults on his victim and caused her significant physical injuries which left her in fear.
"He is clearly a danger to women and poses a risk to them. There is never any excuse for men or women in relationships to resort to violence and domestic abuse is something Kent Police takes very seriously and will continue to do so."
- TRIBUTE: Royal Mail vans drive through Maidstone in tribute to 'Postie Paul'
- LATEST: Traveller site plans 'not handled consistently' in Maidstone
- The Olympic past of club's sauna revealed
- WARNING: Long delays after double incident on M2
- LATEST: Former cancer patient donates £7,000 to Maidstone Hospital
- New Mayor of Maidstone named as Fay Gooch
- Fly-tipping in Maidstone borough rockets by 31% - Government figures
- LATEST: Work starts on new Lidl supermarket in Ditton