WANTED: Police search for convicted murderer Joseph Bagley in Maidstone
Thursday 13th June 2019
POLICE are appealing to witnesses about the whereabouts of a convicted murderer in Maidstone.
Joseph Bagley (66,) was jailed in 1978 for killing a taxi driver. In January, he was released from prison on a supervised life licence, but failed to turn up for his curfew on Sunday morning.
He has been living in Maidstone and has not been seen since. He was last seen in Maidstone.
Joseph Bagley is described as white, with blue eyes and grey hair. He is approximately 5ft 11 tall, and of medium build. He has a memorial tattoo on his left arm, and a scar on one of the fingers on his right hand.
Surrey Police believe there to be a strong chance that Joseph Bagley has altered his appearance. The attached images are a forensic artist’s impressions of what he might look like if he has changed his appearance.
Bagley is believed to have links to the Kent, Surrey and Buckinghamshire areas, and to Scotland.
Detective Inspector Mark Parry said: “We are pursuing all possible lines of enquiry with regards to Joseph Bagley’s whereabouts, but we need the public’s help to find him.
"I believe that he could lash out if he feels threatened, or that he is going to be returned to prison, so I am asking the public not to approach him. If you know where he is, or have information that could help us to locate him, I ask you to call police immediately on 999, quoting reference number PR/45190050312.”
Every report received could prove to be a key piece of evidence in locating Joseph Bagley.
- CRASH: Collision causing long delays on main road in Maidstone
- WEATHER: Met Office announce heatwave warning for Kent
- EVENT: Tyson Fury is coming to Maidstone
- LATEST: Road to shut for six weeks in Maidstone
- WARNING: Footway closure near Maidstone
- WARNING: Road shuts for pothole repair works near Maidstone
- WARNING: Six day road closure to repair electricity fault near Maidstone
- DONATION: Charity benefits as planning campaign continues in Marden