WARNING: Dog 'poisoned and hurt' after eating meat in alleyway in Maidstone
Tuesday 6th April 2021
DOG walkers have been advised to keep a eye on their pets during walks after claims of poisonous meat in Maidstone.
One dog ate a quantity of meat in an alleyway in McAlphine Crescent and became unwell. The owner took the dog to the vets and officers are continuing to establish the full circumstances.
One dog owner said: "I have heard that meatballs have been put down in places in Loose. They are filled with screws and poison."
A Kent Police spokesman said: "Kent Police was called at 4.15pm on 3 April 2021 after a dog ate a quantity of meat in an alleyway in McAlpine Crescent, Maidstone and became unwell.
"The owner took the dog to a vets where it was treated for a mouth injury. Officers attended the scene and enquiries are continuing to establish the full circumstances."
Anyone with information is asked to contact the appeal line on 01622 604100, quoting reference 46/55020/21.
- CCTV APPEAL: Maidstone shop worker racially abused over face mask request
- BREAKING: Central reservation on M20 'hit by two cars' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Crash halts traffic on M20 near Maidstone
- CRIME: Police seize three catapults from 'lads' in Maidstone town centre
- INJUNCTION: Boxley farmer ordered by High Court to clear up dump site
- WITNESS APPEAL: Youth shelter and picnic table 'burnt and vandalised'
- BREAKING: Car fire 'started deliberately' in Maidstone
- WARNING: New Cut Road in Maidstone to close tomorrow night