WARNING: M20 shuts completely this weekend - full details
Thursday 13th September 2018
THE total closure of the M20 over four days starts tomorrow.
The demolition of a footbridge crossing will result in both carriageways being closed on the motorway between junction four for Leybourne and junction six for the A229, Blue Bell Hill.
The Teapot Lane footbridge is being removed and replaced with a taller bridge as part of Highways England's Smart Motorway Scheme.
It is planned to add a lane in borth directions once the footbridge is gone.
The motorway is planned to be closed from 10pm on Friday and is expected to remain shut until 5am on Monday morning.
A 13 mile diversion will take motorists to Rochester and which could take an hour.
Motorists have been warned not to attempt diverting using satnavs.
- BREXIT POLL - should there be a second EU referendum? VOTE!
- M20 disruption in the next few days - full details
- BREXIT POLL: Should we hold a second referendum? Vote now...
- Police looking for man who burgled a Maidstone woman who is in her 90s
- Road closed near Maidstone to fix leaking water main
- Natwest bank online, telephone and mobile customers locked out of their accounts
- Girlguiding event at Leeds Castle
- Van driver cut from wreckage of vehicle after crash near Maidstone