WARNING: M20 shuts completely this weekend - full details
Thursday 13th September 2018
THE total closure of the M20 over four days starts tomorrow.
The demolition of a footbridge crossing will result in both carriageways being closed on the motorway between junction four for Leybourne and junction six for the A229, Blue Bell Hill.
The Teapot Lane footbridge is being removed and replaced with a taller bridge as part of Highways England's Smart Motorway Scheme.
It is planned to add a lane in borth directions once the footbridge is gone.
The motorway is planned to be closed from 10pm on Friday and is expected to remain shut until 5am on Monday morning.
A 13 mile diversion will take motorists to Rochester and which could take an hour.
Motorists have been warned not to attempt diverting using satnavs.
- ASSAULT: Woman kicked in face by man in Week St, Maidstone - did you see it?
- EVENT: The Multicultural Society to put on charity fashion show in Maidstone
- CHARITY: League donates £50k to Maidstone Hospital
- WARNING: Stay out of lakes after 'deadly bird bug' outbreak in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: Lanes remain blocked following vehicle blaze
- 5 YEARS: Dangerous driver jailed after killing 22-year-old man near Maidstone
- COURT: Serial shoplifter Matthew Gillett stole hoover to buy heroin in Maidstone
- ALERT: M20 closed as fire crews fight vehicle blaze