WARNING: M20 shuts completely this weekend - full details
Thursday 13th September 2018
THE total closure of the M20 over four days starts tomorrow.
The demolition of a footbridge crossing will result in both carriageways being closed on the motorway between junction four for Leybourne and junction six for the A229, Blue Bell Hill.
The Teapot Lane footbridge is being removed and replaced with a taller bridge as part of Highways England's Smart Motorway Scheme.
It is planned to add a lane in borth directions once the footbridge is gone.
The motorway is planned to be closed from 10pm on Friday and is expected to remain shut until 5am on Monday morning.
A 13 mile diversion will take motorists to Rochester and which could take an hour.
Motorists have been warned not to attempt diverting using satnavs.
- Excited Mayor opens children's play area near Maidstone
- Tory leader's tributes to predecessor who defected to indies
- Road closed for five days near Maidstone
- Maidstone YMCA create short film about all the work staff and parents do
- Artist's exhibition near Maidstone to help fund Parkinson's disease research
- CLOSED: Five day road closure near Maidstone for carriageway repair works
- LEEDS WI: Group celebrates 100 years in village
- M20: Broken traffic lights causing long delays