WARNING: M20 shuts completely this weekend - full details
Thursday 13th September 2018
THE total closure of the M20 over four days starts tomorrow.
The demolition of a footbridge crossing will result in both carriageways being closed on the motorway between junction four for Leybourne and junction six for the A229, Blue Bell Hill.
The Teapot Lane footbridge is being removed and replaced with a taller bridge as part of Highways England's Smart Motorway Scheme.
It is planned to add a lane in borth directions once the footbridge is gone.
The motorway is planned to be closed from 10pm on Friday and is expected to remain shut until 5am on Monday morning.
A 13 mile diversion will take motorists to Rochester and which could take an hour.
Motorists have been warned not to attempt diverting using satnavs.
- LOWER THAMES CROSSING: Consultation enters its final week
- CRASH: Collision near Maidstone causing long delays in both directions
- Gritting Kent announce they will be treating all primary routes tonight
- Motorway crash causing long delays
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic signals in Maidstone
- ROAD CLOSED: Busy road near Maidstone SHUT for SIX DAYS from today
- Lorry and car collide on A229 - long delays
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: Car crashes into Teston Bridge - massive congestion and delays