WARNING: M20 to shut in both directions this weekend in Maidstone
Tuesday 13th August 2019
The M20 will be closed in both directions this weekend.
The closure will be between J9 and J11 from 22:00 on Friday, August 16 through until 06:00 on Monday, August 19 to enable resurfacing works by Highways England.
Diversions: During full closures, the following diversion routes will be in place;
M20 coast bound – Coast bound traffic will be diverted off the M20 at junction 7, onto north bound A249 before joining the coast bound M2, continuing onto the coast bound A2. At the Eastern Docks Roundabout, diverted traffic will then join the A20 heading towards London and Ashford, before then continuing on to the M20 towards junction 11 where the diversion ends.
M20 London bound – London bound traffic will be diverted off the M20 at junction 11 and directed to turn around back on to the coast bound carriageway towards Folkestone and Dover. Traffic will continue on to the A20 before joining the A2 at the Eastern Docks Roundabout. Diverted traffic will continue on the A2 before joining the M2. Traffic will then exit at junction 5, taking the south bound A249 and then re-joining the M20, where the diversion
- M20 CRASH: Lane blocked following collision in Maidstone
- CRASH: Collision on main road sparks delays in Maidstone
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic lights on busy road in Maidstone
- Brothers to represent GB in European skating championships
- POLL: Does the borough council keep the roads clean and free of flytipping?
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic lights on main road for over 3 weeks near Maidstone
- WARNING: Major travel delays due to 'signalling problem' in Maidstone
- TRAFFIC: Lane closures in Maidstone town centre - expect more delays