WARNING: Main road to shut in BOTH directions in West Malling
Friday 9th July 2021
THE A228 Aston Way in West Malling is set to close in both directions on July 18.
The road will close from the Birling Road Roundabout to the Kings Hill Roundabout. This applies to both carriageways (northbound and southbound).
Works will be undertaken between the hours of 05.00 to 20.00.
A Kent Highways spokesman said: "During these essential works it will be necessary to close the road completely so that we can carry out the works safely for both the workforce and road users.
"During this closure, a signed diversion route will be in place via the A228 Leybourne Bypass, M20 (J4), M20, M26, M26 (J2A), A20 London Road, B2016 Seven Mile Lane, A26 Tonbridge Road and A228 Malling Road and vice versa."
Due to the low bridge at Seven Mile Lane (4.4m / 14’ 6’’) large HGVS over this height will be escorted through the works zone when safe to do so. All other vehicles must use the diversion.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone