WARNING: Thefts from parked vans near Maidstone
Monday 15th April 2019
VAN owners in the Aylesford area are being reminded to lock tools and valuable items away to deter thieves.
The advice comes after a number of reported daytime thefts on Thursday, April 11 2019.
A spokesman for Kent Police said: "At around 11am, Kent Police was called regarding the theft of a mobile phone from a van at Quarry Wood, Aylesford. Tools were also reported stolen from a van in the same location between 9.30am and 11.30am."
District Commander, Chief Inspector Peter Steenhuis said: “While we are investigating these offences, I would urge van owners to make sure you lock all doors and close windows whenever you leave the vehicle
“If feasible, park in a garage or secure car park and try to leave the vehicle in an area which leaves no space to open the rear doors.
“It is advisable to take tools and valuable work equipment with you whenever possible, rather than leaving them in an unattended vehicle at any time of the day.”
Anyone with information which may assist the investigation is asked to call 01622 604100 quoting reference 11-0524.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers in Kent anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- OPEN FOR BUSINESS IN YOUR AREA
- LATEST: New date set for World Custard Pie Championships
- EXCLUSIVE: Council's secret plans for £15m taxpayer-funded new HQ
- LATEST: Water use rockets in Kent
- URGENT APPEAL: Buttercups 'must close in six weeks' due to lack of funds
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Lockdown restrictions eased
- PICTURES: Disposable barbecue sparks skip blaze in Aylesford
- WARNING: 21 day closure near Maidstone - full details