WARNING: Thefts from parked vans near Maidstone
Monday 15th April 2019
VAN owners in the Aylesford area are being reminded to lock tools and valuable items away to deter thieves.
The advice comes after a number of reported daytime thefts on Thursday, April 11 2019.
A spokesman for Kent Police said: "At around 11am, Kent Police was called regarding the theft of a mobile phone from a van at Quarry Wood, Aylesford. Tools were also reported stolen from a van in the same location between 9.30am and 11.30am."
District Commander, Chief Inspector Peter Steenhuis said: “While we are investigating these offences, I would urge van owners to make sure you lock all doors and close windows whenever you leave the vehicle
“If feasible, park in a garage or secure car park and try to leave the vehicle in an area which leaves no space to open the rear doors.
“It is advisable to take tools and valuable work equipment with you whenever possible, rather than leaving them in an unattended vehicle at any time of the day.”
Anyone with information which may assist the investigation is asked to call 01622 604100 quoting reference 11-0524.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers in Kent anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- CLOSED: Emergency water leak repair shuts road for FOUR DAYS - details
- PANTO NEWS: Blazing sunshine for Hazlitt's Beauty & the Beast
- ROAD CLOSURE: Busy highway near Maidstone to shut for BT work - details
- HOUSING: Council announces 5,000 homes for Lenham as 'master developer'
- Kent Police step in to reassure drivers after Highways England blunder
- ARSON: Businessman lost everything when firebug thieves struck his premises
- ANDRE BENT MURDER: More arrests
- Council rejects calls to halt house-building so infrastructure can catch up