WARNING: Thefts from parked vans near Maidstone
Monday 15th April 2019
VAN owners in the Aylesford area are being reminded to lock tools and valuable items away to deter thieves.
The advice comes after a number of reported daytime thefts on Thursday, April 11 2019.
A spokesman for Kent Police said: "At around 11am, Kent Police was called regarding the theft of a mobile phone from a van at Quarry Wood, Aylesford. Tools were also reported stolen from a van in the same location between 9.30am and 11.30am."
District Commander, Chief Inspector Peter Steenhuis said: “While we are investigating these offences, I would urge van owners to make sure you lock all doors and close windows whenever you leave the vehicle
“If feasible, park in a garage or secure car park and try to leave the vehicle in an area which leaves no space to open the rear doors.
“It is advisable to take tools and valuable work equipment with you whenever possible, rather than leaving them in an unattended vehicle at any time of the day.”
Anyone with information which may assist the investigation is asked to call 01622 604100 quoting reference 11-0524.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers in Kent anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- ASSAULT: Woman kicked in face by man in Week St, Maidstone - did you see it?
- EVENT: The Multicultural Society to put on charity fashion show in Maidstone
- CHARITY: League donates £50k to Maidstone Hospital
- WARNING: Stay out of lakes after 'deadly bird bug' outbreak in Maidstone
- M20 UPDATE: Lanes remain blocked following vehicle blaze
- 5 YEARS: Dangerous driver jailed after killing 22-year-old man near Maidstone
- COURT: Serial shoplifter Matthew Gillett stole hoover to buy heroin in Maidstone
- ALERT: M20 closed as fire crews fight vehicle blaze