WARNING: Two busy roads to close in Grove Green
Tuesday 11th June 2019
NEW Cut Road will close on June 16, June 22 and June 23.
The road will close in both directions between the two roundabouts of Bearsted Road and Grovewood Drive North/Maidstone TV Studios.
This is to replace the anti-skid layer approaching the pedestrian crossing. The road closure will be during the daytime, from 6am to 6pm. Access will be maintained after these hours.
There will also be a temporary diversion in place – A20 Ashford Road, A20 Andrew Broughton Way, A249 Sittingbourne Road, A249 Bearsted Road, New Cut Road.
Grovewood Drive South is also scheduled for closure from July 1 for up to nine weeks.
The road will be closed at the junction of New Cut Road.
The alternative route is via Provender Way, Grovewood Drive North, New Cut Road and vice versa.
The closure is to enable the construction of a new roundabout, islands and associated works to be carried out by Gallagher Ltd.
- MOTORWAY DELAYS: Highways England announces diversions tonight on M20 and M2
- WARNING: Van man stalker 'followed me into woods' says female dog walker
- Collateral to stop in Kent as part of nation-wide tour
- GALLERY: Pictures from inside Leeds Castle of its enchanting festival of flowers
- ROAD CLOSURE: Sewer works planned for up to 12 days near Maidstone
- POLL: Does Maidstone Borough Council provide good value for money? VOTE NOW
- TRAFFIC ALERT: Crash causing delays on the A249 near Maidstone
- FIRE: Crews tackle mattress blaze in Maidstone shopping centre