WARNING: Two busy roads to close in Grove Green
Tuesday 11th June 2019
NEW Cut Road will close on June 16, June 22 and June 23.
The road will close in both directions between the two roundabouts of Bearsted Road and Grovewood Drive North/Maidstone TV Studios.
This is to replace the anti-skid layer approaching the pedestrian crossing. The road closure will be during the daytime, from 6am to 6pm. Access will be maintained after these hours.
There will also be a temporary diversion in place – A20 Ashford Road, A20 Andrew Broughton Way, A249 Sittingbourne Road, A249 Bearsted Road, New Cut Road.
Grovewood Drive South is also scheduled for closure from July 1 for up to nine weeks.
The road will be closed at the junction of New Cut Road.
The alternative route is via Provender Way, Grovewood Drive North, New Cut Road and vice versa.
The closure is to enable the construction of a new roundabout, islands and associated works to be carried out by Gallagher Ltd.
- CRASH: Collision causing long delays on main road in Maidstone
- WEATHER: Met Office announce heatwave warning for Kent
- EVENT: Tyson Fury is coming to Maidstone
- LATEST: Road to shut for six weeks in Maidstone
- WARNING: Footway closure near Maidstone
- WARNING: Road shuts for pothole repair works near Maidstone
- WARNING: Six day road closure to repair electricity fault near Maidstone
- DONATION: Charity benefits as planning campaign continues in Marden