WARNING: Van man stalker 'followed me into woods' says female dog walker
Tuesday 17th September 2019
A DOG walker from Thurnham has warned others to be on their guard following a "terrifying" ordeal after being followed into woods on the Pilgrims Way near Boxley.
Kent Police say no offences were committed but have taken a full account of the suspicious incident on the evening of Thursday, September 5.
Kirsty Macleod, 31, says she was taking a regular walk with her beagle along the Pilgrims Way when she says a man in a small white van drove passed her from the direction of Detling. She turned to thank him, but instead, he stared at her as he passed. A few minutes later the driver of the van, which had an orange light bar on the roof and writing on the side, drove passed her again, from the opposite direction.
This time, she said: “The way he stared at me made me really nervous, so I jumped up into the woods to take the path that follows the same route, but just off the road.”
However, after a short while she came across the driver again, leaning against a tree by the path, ahead of her.
Kirsty said: “I called my boyfriend on my phone and kept talking to him as I walked passed him. Then I began to run.”
She says she then heard the driver, who was in his 40s, more than 6ft tall, slim, with greying hair, and protruding teeth, speed off in his van.
Kirsty said: “It may be that this man was just meeting someone but passing me twice in the road and then ensuring our paths crossed in the wood left me very shaken. I shan’t be walking that way again and just wanted others to be aware.”
The man was said to be wearing grey tracksuit bottoms and a purple and grey T shirt.
- HOUSING: Campaign petition starts against Lib Dem council's 14-floor tower block
- FINED: Jason Yardley drunkenly smashed his way out of bus in Maidstone
- Leeds land could be used for retirement complex expansion
- TRAFFIC NEWS: Broken down bus causing delays in Maidstone
- COURT SHAME: Gareth Bailey threatened to torch girlfriend's house in Maidstone
- M20 ROADWORKS: Delays, disruption and diversions - full details
- COURT: Carl Bailey's drunken outburst at police in Maidstone town centre
- Expert gives talk on menopause - details