WOMAN ATTACKED: 'Knife-wielding' man sought by police over Boxley incident
Thursday 3rd June 2021
A 'knife-wielding' assailant is being hunted by police after a terrifying and apparently unprovoked attack on a rural road near Maidstone.
Kent Police reported the incident happened at around 10pm on Tuesday 1 June 2021 as the victim was driving along Lidsing Road, Boxley, towards Hempstead.
She stopped her car short of the junction with Yelsted Lane after she thought she saw something in the road, and got out with her hazard lights illuminated.
A police statement said: "The victim reported she was then assaulted by a man who appeared from behind her and fell to the floor.
"She was assaulted again whilst on the ground before managing to get back to her vehicle and drive from the scene. The victim suffered scratches and bruising during the incident."
According to an online report, the alleged victim has said the man was clearly holding a knife and after a "short, intense" struggle she managed to escape.
The suspect is described as being white with dark, very short hair and was wearing dark clothing and a blue face mask.
Detective Inspector Darren Reynolds of the Chief Constable’s Crime Squad said: ‘We are appealing for witnesses who saw the incident or anybody acting suspiciously in the area between 9.30pm and 10.30pm to contact us. We would also like to hear from anybody who may have seen a suspicious person or vehicle in the days leading up to the incident.
‘Motorists with dashcam are also asked to check for footage that may assist the investigation.’
Anyone with information is urged to call 01622 604100, quoting reference 46/94556/21.
You can also contact the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously by calling 0800 555111 or using the online form on their website.
- COURT: Council takes first step towards clearing up Embankments restaurant
- 999: Paramedic recognised for more than 37 years' service
- LATEST: Business 'booming' for local restaurants
- LATEST: Plan to open all Kent libraries
- KINGS HILL: New leaders shake up troubled parish council
- MP HELEN WHATELY: Call to extend power to stop illegal lorry parking
- CAPTAIN PETER TOWNSEND: Royal lover's medals sold
- WARNING: Alarming reports of toxic hogweed in Maidstone