WORLD CUP: Highways bosses warn of heavy traffic as people go home for big match
Wednesday 11th July 2018
HIGHWAYS bosses are warning of congestion and delays this evening as people race home to watch England's World Cup semi-final against Croatia.
Kent Highways has also reminded motorists to take extra care.
Maidstone is gridlocked each evening, so traffic is expected to be even worse than usual.
In a Tweet ahead of the usual rush hour, Kent Highways said: "We are expecting increased traffic volumes in the PM traffic peak today as people try to get home in time for #EngCro. Please take extra care tonight when out driving, lets get everyone home for the game..."
England v Croatia, 7pm, TONIGHT
- 23/07/2018 - Fans complain about waiting hours in car waiting to leave Little Mix event
- 23/07/2018 - Amber Alert for Kent as heatwave set to last 5 more days
- 23/07/2018 - Operation Stack replacement may not be ready in time for Brexit
- 23/07/2018 - Firefighters tackle large fire at industrial estate near Maidstone
- 20/07/2018 - EXCLUSIVE: True cost to tax-payer of council's failed High Court action
- 20/07/2018 - Hammer wielding thief jailed for two years
- 20/07/2018 - New appointments as county council leader reveals Cabinet shake-up
- 20/07/2018 - Police issue on-line scam alert as Maidstone man duped of thousands