WORLD CUP: Highways bosses warn of heavy traffic as people go home for big match
Wednesday 11th July 2018
HIGHWAYS bosses are warning of congestion and delays this evening as people race home to watch England's World Cup semi-final against Croatia.
Kent Highways has also reminded motorists to take extra care.
Maidstone is gridlocked each evening, so traffic is expected to be even worse than usual.
In a Tweet ahead of the usual rush hour, Kent Highways said: "We are expecting increased traffic volumes in the PM traffic peak today as people try to get home in time for #EngCro. Please take extra care tonight when out driving, lets get everyone home for the game..."
England v Croatia, 7pm, TONIGHT
- LOWER THAMES CROSSING: Consultation enters its final week
- CRASH: Collision near Maidstone causing long delays in both directions
- Gritting Kent announce they will be treating all primary routes tonight
- Motorway crash causing long delays
- DELAYS: Temporary traffic signals in Maidstone
- ROAD CLOSED: Busy road near Maidstone SHUT for SIX DAYS from today
- Lorry and car collide on A229 - long delays
- TRAFFIC UPDATE: Car crashes into Teston Bridge - massive congestion and delays