WORLD CUP: Highways bosses warn of heavy traffic as people go home for big match
Wednesday 11th July 2018
HIGHWAYS bosses are warning of congestion and delays this evening as people race home to watch England's World Cup semi-final against Croatia.
Kent Highways has also reminded motorists to take extra care.
Maidstone is gridlocked each evening, so traffic is expected to be even worse than usual.
In a Tweet ahead of the usual rush hour, Kent Highways said: "We are expecting increased traffic volumes in the PM traffic peak today as people try to get home in time for #EngCro. Please take extra care tonight when out driving, lets get everyone home for the game..."
England v Croatia, 7pm, TONIGHT
- BREXIT POLL - should there be a second EU referendum? VOTE!
- M20 disruption in the next few days - full details
- BREXIT POLL: Should we hold a second referendum? Vote now...
- Police looking for man who burgled a Maidstone woman who is in her 90s
- Road closed near Maidstone to fix leaking water main
- Natwest bank online, telephone and mobile customers locked out of their accounts
- Girlguiding event at Leeds Castle
- Van driver cut from wreckage of vehicle after crash near Maidstone