WORLD CUP: Highways bosses warn of heavy traffic as people go home for big match
Wednesday 11th July 2018
HIGHWAYS bosses are warning of congestion and delays this evening as people race home to watch England's World Cup semi-final against Croatia.
Kent Highways has also reminded motorists to take extra care.
Maidstone is gridlocked each evening, so traffic is expected to be even worse than usual.
In a Tweet ahead of the usual rush hour, Kent Highways said: "We are expecting increased traffic volumes in the PM traffic peak today as people try to get home in time for #EngCro. Please take extra care tonight when out driving, lets get everyone home for the game..."
England v Croatia, 7pm, TONIGHT
- WARNING: 21 day temporary speed limit near Maidstone
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights in Maidstone
- LATEST: Jeffery Mills, 54, appears in court accused of Shepway murder
- HGV CRASH: Roundabout collision causing long delays in Maidstone
- CLOSED: Hollingbourne Hill to close for drainage works
- CLOSED: Road closure near Maidstone for carriageway works
- SHEPWAY MURDER: Jeffery Mills, 54, charged - full details
- Maidstone rail users fall victim to disruption on the lines over Easter