Wanderers win Benevolent final
Wednesday 26th March 2014
Lenham Wanderers Reserves 3 Early Bird 2
Lenham won the Benevolent Cup final by defeating Early Bird at Maidstone's Gallagher Stadium.
In their third final in as many years, the reserves scored an early goal through Sammy Manktelow, but were pegged back to leave the score at 1-1 at half time. After the break Lenham changed their formation and regained the advantage through Mark Hatcher's well despatched penalty that had been won by Daniel Pinder.
Early Bird equalised for the second time before Sammy Manktelow pounced on a mistake by the Early Bird goalkeeper to score his second of the evening and Lenham’s third.
A crowd of over 300 people saw Lenham Reserves captain Stuart Wilson lift the trophy.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone