Why Kings Hill residents felt the earth move
Friday 12th August 2016
A MYSTERY tremor that gave Kings Hill residents and workers the shakes has been explained.
Locals were baffled after reports that some people felt the earth move on Tuesday, August 9.
But it emerged that the reason was not a minor earth tremor but unexpected blasting just after noon at the nearby Blaise Farm Quarry.
Gallagher Group which runs the quarry, has permission to blast for ragstone between noon and 2pm. Workers usually carry out explosions later but the firm said work was moved earlier for operational reasons.
A Discovery Drive resident said: “I definitely felt vibrations in the ground under my feet.”
- WE'RE BACK AND OPEN FOR BUSINESS
- WEATHER: Sun has got its hat on this weekend - forecast for next week
- OTHAM HOUSING: Conservative Val Springett pulls out of crunch vote on 421 homes
- WARNING: Road to shut next week for one day
- BREAKING: Man's body found near busy road in Maidstone
- BREAKING: Man found dead in woodland near Maidstone
- CUSTODY: Drive ban ice cream man 'fails roadside drug test'
- RELIEF ROAD: Transport board hears worrying news for Maidstone villages