Winter Olympian Lizzy Yarnold to receive honorary degree from University of Kent
Wednesday 21st November 2018
BRITAIN’s winter Olympian will receive an honorary degree from the University of Kent today in support of her sporting career.
The former head girl of Maidstone Grammar School for Girls, Lizzy Yarnold (30,) from West Kingsdown, became the first British athlete to win the Winter Olympic title when she won gold in the skeleton in Pyeongchang this year.
She will be given a doctor of science degree at Rochester Cathedral to honour her accomplishments, having paved her own way in sporting history after winning every major title in her sport in just over a year by 2015.
Lizzy has secured five gold medals, one silver and two bronzes in her career and is currently the reigning World Champion.
- BREAKING: Cars held up after van sends crates of plums crashing onto the A20
- BREAKING: M20 blocked due to RTC in Maidstone
- MOTE PARK ATTACK: Women 'punched, kicked and spat at' in Maidstone
- WARNING: Weavering Street to shut for three days
- BEARSTED ALLOTMENTS: 40 protestors at fiery meeting of parish council
- UPDATE: Fire crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- MAJOR FIRE: 12 crews tackle large blaze at the National Grid site - full details
- CUSTODY: Woman, 31, uses pram to 'steal items from various stores' in Maidstone