Witness plea after patrol car crash
Friday 29th January 2016
OFFICERS from the serious collision investigation unit are appealing for witnesses after a marked police car was involved in a collision on the A228 in Leybourne.
The incident happened at 6.35pm on Friday, December 11.
The marked Ford Focus was attending a call on blue lights, travelling along the A228 approaching the traffic lights at the junction with Ashton Way, Leybourne. The police car went through a red traffic light and was then in collision with a blue BMW approaching the traffic lights from the opposite direction.
The two officers in the car were taken to hospital with minor injuries and discharged later that evening. The driver of the BMW, a 44-year-old local man was not injured and was taken home.
Detective Sergeant Scott Lynch said: “We are investigating this collision at a busy time of day and I would like anyone who saw what happened who has not contacted us, to please do so, quoting AH/213/15.”
Call the witness appeal line on 01622 798538.
- APPEAL: Teddy bear found in park near Maidstone - is it yours?
- London architects chosen by council for Archbishop's Palace's future
- LENHAM HEATH: MP survey shows massive opposition to council 5,000 homes plan
- CRASH: Main road shuts in BOTH directions following serious RTC near Maidstone
- RTC: Crash sparks major delays in Maidstone
- Bright sparks bring some light to the lives of homeless
- CRIME: Dispersal order results in more than 17 arrests in Maidstone
- URGENT APPEAL: Thieves steal cars before colliding with police near Maidstone