World Cup medal for Courtney Tulloch
Friday 4th July 2014
MAIDSTONE’S Courtney Tulloch has brought back a silver medal from the gymnastics World Cup in Slovenia.
The 18-year-old, from Pegasus Gym Club on Farleigh Hill, was competing alongside fellow club member James Hall in a GB shirt at the international event for the first time.
The games attract the world’s best gymnasts, most with medals from the Olympics, European and world championship games.
Both boys competed on three apparatus in an effort to secure a place in the finals, with room for only eight qualifiers from 19 countries, including the Netherlands, France, Ukraine, Israel and Finland.
James completed routines on pommel, the parallel bars and high bar, while Courtney started on rings, qualifying for the finals in fifth place. His floor routine included multiple somersaults, with a fall denying him a place in the final, followed by a clean routine on parallel bars.
An immaculate performance on the rings by Courtney in the final took his score above that of the current European champion and the current world medallist, to take the world cup silver medal.
Both boys now have a Federation of International Gymnastics ranking.
A club spokesman said: “Both boys are now hungry for more, and spent the weekend not only competing with the world’s best, but forming relationships with other gymnasts and officials from other nations.”
For information about Pegasus email email@example.com or call 01622 737170 to book a free trial.
The boys are pictured with coach Ionut Trandaburu at the World Cup in Ljubljana.
- BREAKING: Vehicle hits bridge near Maidstone - all train lines blocked
- WARNING: Temporary traffic lights on main road near Maidstone
- CRASH DELAYS: Busy road blocked following RTC in Maidstone
- JAILED: Text pest Tim Mumford faked his death to harass woman PC - court
- GBBO: Tom from Maidstone first to leave Great British Bake Off show on Channel 4
- CCTV APPEAL: Ramp for disabled visitors stolen from dental practice
- COURT: Katy Sue Lafferty to stand trial for drink driving
- WARNING: Crash blocks busy road in Maidstone